The following people currently serve as the Board of Trustees for The British Association for Biological Anthropology and Osteoarchaeology.
Membership Secretary (2017‒)
Anwen is an honorary research fellow and teaching fellow at Durham University, teaching on the MSc in Palaeopathology. She has also worked as a freelance osteoarchaeologist since 2005 carrying out a wide variety of commercial projects predominantly for York Osteoarchaeology Ltd, but also Archaeological Services Durham University, and others. She completed a BSc in Archaeology at the University of Bradford (graduating in 1997), followed by an MSc in Human Osteology, Palaeopathology and Funerary Archaeology at the Universities of Sheffield and Bradford in 1998-1999. She obtained her PhD from Durham University in 2005.
The membership secretary is responsible for:
- Managing the BABAO membership records through registering new members, keeping members’ details up to date, verifying the student status of student members, and deleting records of cancelled/lapsed memberships
- Managing the BABAO mailing list and members’ area of the BABAO website and ensuring members have access to them, as well as providing necessary information for the Student Representative to manage the BABAO Facebook pages
- Helping members with any enquiries or problems relating to their membership
- Ensuring all members pay the appropriate annual subscription through regularly checking bank and PayPal transaction records, keeping a record of cheques received, and following up on late payment of fees
- Verifying membership status of members when required, e.g. for BABAO Small Grant applicants, or conference registration
- Preparing membership reports for BABAO Trustees meetings, the AGM, and the Annual Review, and providing information on the membership to other Trustees when reasonably requested